Work At A Family For Every Child
A Family For Every Child
is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) child welfare organization. Our mission is to find loving permanent families for all waiting foster children. Based in Eugene, Oregon, A Family For Every Child works nationally to ensure foster care is only a temporary solution for any child, as all children have the right to grow up in a loving, supportive, permanent home. To learn more, visit www.afamilyforeverychild.org
: Adoption Worker
: Executive Director, Adoption Agency Program Director
: serving Bend, Portland, Salem, and/or Eugene, Oregon areas>
: Independent Contractor
Scope of Position
Under the direction of the Executive Director and the Adoption Agency Program Director,
the Adoption Worker is responsible for assisting in recruiting families interested in adopting
a child or children from foster care, and serving families assigned to them through the agency.
The Adoption Worker is responsible for assessing, training and providing support to families
within their caseload during the entire duration of the adoption process from orientation
through finalization, while ensuring compliance with agency policies and procedures, and all
federal and state requirements and laws.
- Compliance with any and all laws and regulations governing child placing and adoption
agencies including state, federal and international laws and regulations
as well as the Agency Policy.
- Providing services so as to meet the needs of the client with the highest of professional standards of human services practice and Agency standards as specified, and per designated timelines under the direction and supervision of the Agency. Services include:
- Initial family meeting / orientation
- Conducting family interviews and retrieving sufficient information needed in preparation for composition of family homestudy
- Assisting families through family/child matching process
- Assisting families through initial placement with child/children, including creation of a transition plan and completion of required legal documents
- Maintaining contact with family after placement and providing continual support as well as conducting monthly interviews and completing required legal documents necessary for finalization of adoption
- Updating and renewing family homestudies when necessary
- Submit case notes, daily/weekly, and status reports to Agency, and in person meetings, as required by the Agency and/or State regulations into the database.
- Provide proof of a minimum of 20 hours of adoption, counseling and/or foster care training per calendar year at own expense AND of a federal, state and local criminal and child abuse background check.
- Provide proof of education and/or experience commensurate with services to be provided.
- Attend 1 annual training or planning meeting at no charge with the agency (not to exceed 8 hours).
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in social work or related field, plus two years experience with adoptions, and one-year experience working with Child Welfare adoptions, specifically.
- An understanding and knowledge of Child Welfare policies regarding foster care and adoption, as well as ASFA, ICWA and other pertinent State and Federal statues, requirements and laws governing children in protective services.
- An ability to work alone and under pressure, as well as part of a team.
- Willingness to flex schedule and duties based on the needs of the project.
A Family For Every Child is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, native, bilingual, differently abled, and transgender people are encouraged to apply.