About the Heart Gallery
A Family For Every Child's Heart Gallery is designed to bring awareness to the foster care system and children that are in search of permanent homes. Professional photographers volunteer their time to take beautiful pictures of children presently in foster care that are waiting for their forever family. A Family For Every Child's Heart Gallery works closely with child welfare partners to coordinate these photo sessions for adoption recruitment.
The Heart Galleries can be seen everywhere: from the grocery store to your church to the car dealership and everywhere in between. The goal of our Heart Gallery is simple-to-open the mind and heart of the viewer to the idea of adoption.
A Family For Every Child is a 501(c)non-profit organization. Your entire donation is tax deductible.
A Family For Every Child promises to:
- Recognize photographer in the newsletter and on the website.
- Give photographer an update when the child(ren) they photographed is(are) adopted.
- Give the photographer all information and support necessary to make this an enjoyable experience for everyone involved.
- Give the photographer an electronic version of the AFFEC logo that can link to AFFEC website. Photographers will be able to display this on their website so that clients and potential clients can see that you have worked with our organization.
We would not be here if it wasn't for all of the support from photographers.
Thank you so much for donating your time and energy to such a great cause!
If you would like to become a volunteer photographer, please complete the forms listed on our volunteer page, and we will get back to you with a confirmation and follow up process. Thank you again for your generous contribution to the heart gallery.
On the volunteer page, we ask you to read over the following documents as well to make sure you are completely comfortable with all our requests. These documents direct you on picture formats, digital uploading procedures, and "best practices" for getting great photographs of our kids. Any questions or concerns can be directed to the contact information below.
Download the New Photographer Letter
Download the Photographers Procedure, Tips, Guidelines, & FTP information packet.
A Family For Every Child
Tips for Heart Gallery Photographers
Please remember that you cannot transport the youth and/or their representatives.
You should not communicate with the youth prior to or after the
photography session without the ok of their caseworker. You will
coordinate your involvement with this youth through an authorized
Each child you photograph was brought into custody of the State at no fault of their own.
Be respectful of each child and worth of their trust, make them feel special.
If you feel the need to pose a child, always ask permission before you touch them.
Do not ask the child why they came into foster care or any other personal details of their lives.
Feel free to ask them about their interests, their hobbies. Their favorite sports star, etc.
These kids will blossom under a heavy dose of praise--let them know
when they are doing well--offer encouragement--make the time together
- YOU ARE NEVER TO BE ALONE WITH ANY OF THE CHILDREN YOU PHOTOGRAPH. THIS IS TO PROTECT YOU AND THEM. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT A WORKER, FOSTER PARENT OR ADULT CARETAKER IS WITHIN EARSHOT AND EYESIGHT OF YOU AND THE CHILD AT ALL TIMES!