A Family For Every Child/Heart Gallery is designed to find permanent homes for every waiting foster child. Professional photographers volunteer their time and take compelling, beautiful pictures of children presently in foster care that are waiting for a forever family. A Family For Every Child (AFFEC)/Heart Gallery works closely with child welfare to assist in finding permanent homes for children who need and deserve them. AFFEC and the Heart Gallery displays reach people by moving from venue to venue. Photos, web sites, flyers, and displays are used for all forms of recruitment (and more). They give a child a much better chance of finding a family and of being seen in a positive light.
A Family For Every Child is a 501(c)non-profit organization. Your entire donation is tax deductible.
A Family For Every Child promises to:
- Recognize photographer in the newsletter and on the website.
- Give photographer an update when the child(ren) they photographed is(are) adopted.
- Give the photographer all information and support necessary to make this an enjoyable experience for everyone involved.
- Give the photographer an electronic version of the AFFEC logo that can link to AFFEC website. Photographers will be able to display this on their website so that clients and potential clients can see that you have worked with our organization.
We would not be here if it wasn't for all of the support from photographers.
Thank you so much for donating your time and
energy to such a great cause!
If you would like to become a volunteer photographer, please complete the forms listed on our volunteer page, and we will get back to you with a confirmation and follow up process. Thank you again for your generous contribution to the heart gallery.
On the volunteer page, we ask you to read over the following documents as well to make sure you are completely comfortable with all our requests. These documents direct you on picture formats, digital uploading procedures, and "best practices" for getting great photographs of our kids. Any questions or concerns can be directed to the contact information below.
Download the New Photographer Letter
Download the Photographers Procedure, Tips, Guidelines, & FTP information packet.
A Family For Every Child
- Please remember that you cannot transport the youth and/or his/her
- You should not communicate with the youth prior to or after the
photography session without the ok of their caseworker. You will
coordinate your involvement with this youth through an authorized
- Each child you photograph was brought into custody of the State at
no fault of their own.
- Be espectful of each child and worth of their trust, make them feel
- If you feel the need to pose a child, always ask permission before
you touch them.
- Do not ask the child why they came into foster care or any other
personal details of their lives.
- Feel free to ask them about their interests, their hobbies. Their
favorite sports star, etc.
- These kids will blossom under a heavy dose of praise--let them know
when they are doing well--offer encouragement--make the time together
- YOU ARE NEVER TO BE ALONE WITH ANY OF THE YOUNG PEOPLE YOU
PHOTOGRAPH. THIS IS TO PROTECT YOU AND THEM. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT A
WORKER, FOSTER PARENT OR ADULT CARETAKER IS WITHIN EARSHOT AND EYESIGHT
OF YOU AND THE CHILD AT ALL TIMES!