Family Finding Benefits
- Lifelong connections: Children will potentially make a connection that could last a lifetime.
- Emotional improvement: Children gain increased and improved family connections, decreased loneliness and a greater sense of belonging.
- Decreased use of out-of-home care placements: Whenever possible, children may be placed with biological family members.
- More successful placements: Children placed with biological family members have more opportunity to grow and develop in a healthy manner. Research demonstrates that biological families show more willingness to emotionally invest the time and energy to work with children who may have medical or emotional challenges.
- More involved fathers: Fathers and their families can become more involved.
- Compliance with the Adoption and Safe Families Act, Chapter 48, and the Fostering Connections to Success and Increasing Adoptions Act of 2008.