It's All About Whom You Know
There are many community members who possess valuable tools needed for success. How valuable would it be for a family having financial difficulties to have access to a financial advisor? A working parent with limited education may not be equipped to help a child failing in school, but how valuable would a tutor be to this family’s success? There are countless other scenarios in which bridging the gap between the low-income and established members of our community is key to success.
AFFEC staff continuously seeks out new partnerships with local community agencies in the hopes of creating as many avenues to refer parents too. Depending on their specific need, this could include, but is not limited to housing assistance, financial advice, job counseling, continued education, and much, much more! Our hope is that by educating the parents on how to help themselves through community resources that are already available, we will empower them to transition on to the next phase of their lives successfully and with several useful skills to pass on to the next generation, ending the cycle of poverty and abuse one family at a time.
We will reach out to you to build a partnership to better serve our communities families.
Organizations and individual volunteers are vital to our life-changing work. We are dedicated to providing you with meaningful, high impact volunteer opportunities that.
MENTOR A FAMILY
- Field a team to mentor a family or mentor your self.
- Be trained and guided by staff in walking / working alongside the family as they transition to self-sufficiency.
- Receive detailed impact reports regarding your family.
- Contribute towards covering the cost of the Family Mentorship Program.
- Be recognized as an amazing mentor team in AFFEC communications.
- Provide a 3-9 month internship opportunity.
SPONSOR A FAMILY
- Give -- or pull together your family, friends or community group to sponsor a family
- No volunteer activity required
- Experience the family's success first hand
- periodic progress reports
- Includes sponsorship recognition in
HOST A FUN FAMILY ACTIVITY
- Create an event for families and volunteers
- Teach skills classes
- Provide pro bono services
BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE
- Get your Business or Corporation involved, mentor, sponsor a family, hold an event, etc.
- Build a team to sponsor a family
- Join the Change Agents, our young professional volunteers!
Return to the Family Preservation Program page