Selecting a style for the photo biography
Writing a family biography demands careful preparation and thought. Without this, your biography will be incomplete and/or difficult to follow.
Matching Assistance Family Biographies should include:
- information about family, your interests, and your families interests
- information about the children you are hoping to adopt
- trainings and parenting experience
- two or more photographs
Select the style you want, taking into consideration the photos you will be using and the way you have written your biography. You can align the photos depending upon the style you choose.
You may need to edit text and save changes, or styles periodically to get it looking the way you want.
If you already have a family biography, including photos in PDF format, you can easily upload your document for use in the matching program without uploading photos and editing text or styles.
Sample biographies can be seen when logged in to your family account using the blue navigation panel to the left of the family home page.
To edit the biography in the style you have chosen
We suggest pictures of you, your spouse, your kids and your home. Please do not place pictures of foster kids and extended family here. Fun pictures are, of course, the best.
When editing the style:
1. Use the [Browse] button to upload a picture from your computer into the biography.
2. [Browse] for the picture, click [Open], and [SAVE] it to the biography.
3. You can upload one picture with each [SAVE].
4. To delete a picture, click on it.
5. All of the pictures will be formatted together in the order uploaded
Uploading a thumbnail photo
Your thumbnail photo is very important. A thumbnail photo is a small photo used on summary pages, or family listing pages where your family might be selected by a potential caseworker.
Please don’t use a photo that is taken at a distance. Avoid using blurry, or black and white photos. And make sure they are clear and appropriate.