Other Oregon Special Needs Adoption Coalition Members
Adoption Options, Inc.
Address: 18008 NW 61st Ave.
Ridgefield, WA 98642
Phone: 503-655-9470; 1-800-573-9058 (toll free)
Counties Served: Benton, Clackamas, Clatsop, Columbia, Hood River, Lane, Linn, Marion, Multnomah, Polk, Tillamook, Washington and Yamhill.
Adoptions of Southern Oregon, Inc.
Address: 10 Crater Lake Ave.
Medford, OR 97405
Website: information not found
Counties served: Coos, Curry, Deshutes, Douglas, Jackson, Jefferson, Josephine, Klamath, Lake and Lane
All God’s Children International
Bethany Christian Services
Address: 5319 SW Westgate Dr.,
Portland, OR 97221
Counties Served: Clackamas, Clatsop, Columbia, Deshutes, Hood River, Lincoln, Linn, Marion, Multnomah, Polk, Tillamook, Wasco, Washington, and Yamhill
Boys & Girls Aid
Boys & Girls Aid began in 1885 and remains as the oldest adoption and child welfare agency in Oregon. Over 17,000 adoptions have been completed since the agency was founded. We are a non-profit organization licensed to provide adoption services in Oregon and Washington. Boys & Girls Aid is a founding member of the Child Welfare League of America. As one of the few Oregon agencies accredited by them, we are held to a higher standard than the State of Oregon’s licensing requirements.
- We are committed to finding families for children, not children for families. This subtle distinction is important, as we place the highest priority on what is in the child’s best interest.
- Adoptive families may choose to adopt through: our private infant program; our special needs program, which is the adoption of a child from the state foster care system; or enroll in our Dual Track Program.
- For special needs adoption, our adoption clinicians work with families to become certified and matched with waiting Oregon children in Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas, Yamhill and Marion counties.
- Families adopting through our special needs program pay a flat rate for services. Assistance is available, through the state of Oregon DHS, to both offset the fees and also to assist with additional financial support following the placement and adoption of a child or sibling group.
- Boys & Girls Aid Special Needs services include orientation, adoptive parent weekend training, assistance obtaining criminal background clearances, completion of the home study, coordination and support during matching process, and preparation for DHS committee presentation.
- Our in-house post-adoption services provide support for all members of the adoption triad for a lifetime.
- For infant adoption, we provide services to birth parents as well as adoptive families. A separate clinician works with the birthmother and adoptive family to ensure the needs and wishes of each party are well represented.
- Birthmother services include: counseling; paid expenses; support prior, during, and post adoption.
- Infant adoption services are statewide, supported by clinicians throughout the state.
Counties Served: Benton, Clackamas, Columbia, Marion, Multnomah, Linn, Lane, Polk, Washington, Yamhill
Catholic Charities has had a passion and commitment for helping to find loving homes for waiting children in Oregon for more than 20 years. As an agency, we have been involved in the field of adoption since 1903. We serve prospective adoptive SNAC families in the Portland tri-county area and work with families in outlying areas on a case by case basis. Our adoption staff consist of masters-level counselors and social workers, many of whom who are licensed in the State of Oregon. We also have native Spanish-speaking professionals on staff who assist prospective adoptive parents and/or birth parents.
Address:2740 SE Powell Blvd, #7
Portland, OR 97202
Phone: 503-238-5196; 1-800-783-5857
Counties Served: Greater Portland and Willamette Valley
Christian Family Adoption
Founded in 1958, Christian Family Adoptions is a nonprofit adoption agency licensed in Oregon and Washington. CFA provides a full range of services to children and families, with the goal of changing the world, one child at a time. CFA has been contracting with Oregon and Washington for over 12 years to place foster children in permanent homes. CFA's other services include placing infants in adoptive homes and conducting home studies, and post placement supervision, for international and independent adoptions. CFA is a member of the Coalition of Oregon Adoption Agencies which meets monthly to discuss changes in legislature, current trends, policies, licensure and other adoption related issues.
Address: 6040 SE Belmont St.
Portland, OR 97215
Counties Served: Clackamas, Clatsop, Columbia, Deschutes, Marion, Multnomah, Polk, Washington and Yamhill
Counties Served: Baker, Benton, Clackamas, Columbia,
Coos, Crook, Curry, Deshutes, Douglas, Hood River, Jackson, Jefferson,
Josephine, Lane, Lincoln, Linn, Marion, Morrow, Multnomah, Polk,
Tillamook, Umatilla, Union, Wallowa, Washington, and Yamhill
Red Thistle Adoptions
Address: PO Box 5428
Salem, OR 97304
Counties served: All counties in the state of Oregon
Tree of Life
Address: 5816 SE Powell Blvd, Suite A
Portland, OR 97206
Counties Served: All counties in the state of Oregon
World Association for Children and Parents (WACAP)
WACAP is a non-profit, domestic and international adoption agency established in 1976. We have placed over 9,600 children in loving homes across the United States and provided humanitarian aid to more than 200,000 children worldwide.
WACAP’s domestic special needs adoptions with our US Kids program works
with private and public agencies to find permanent adoptive homes for
children, of all ages and races, who have entered the child welfare
system, as well as provide adoption training and support. Fees are
Address: PO Box 88948
Seattle, WA 98138
Counties Served: All counties in the state of Oregon