Lane County Foster and Adoptive Parent Association
- Description: Adult support/ discussion group. Meets the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 7-8:30 PM to hear a speaker.
- Contact: Tammy Hadley at 541-729-6309 for more information.
Junction City Support Group
- Description: For foster care and adoptive families. The group meets the 2nd Tuesday morning of the month.
- Location: The location is at Junction City, OR.
- Contact: Contact Shay Crabtree at 541-520-4521 for more information.
Oregon Family Support Network (OFSN)
- Description: Oregon families supporting Oregon families with children and adolescents with emotional, behavioral, mental and/or physical challenges and special needs. Services include toll free health informational line, support groups, resource referral, and individualized peer support for navigating multiple child serving agencies.
- Contact: Contact Oregon Family Support Network (Offices in Milwaukee, Eugene and Salem) at 503-908-1604
Adoption Connections of Oregon–Parent Salon
- Description: Adult support/ discussion group. Meets on a regular basis at a rotating home throughout the greater Lane County area for snacks and a discussion on adoption. Specific topics that are of interest to the attendees.
- Contact Information: Adoption Connections of Oregon,Eugene, OR.
- Contact: 541-343-4209 or firstname.lastname@example.org
OFSN Respite Night hosted by Oregon Family Support Network
- Description: Meets the 1st Friday of each month from 5pm-8pm in Eugene. This group is for families with children experiencing mental, emotional, and/or physical disabilities, or who have special needs. Crafts, movies, and activities will be provided by trained youth activity leaders who are on-site to interact and supervise children. Dinner and light snacks will also be provided.
- Contact: You must RSVP to obtain the location of the event to 541-342-2876.
OFSN Daytime Support Group hosted by Oregon Family Support Network
- Description: Meets the 2nd Friday of each month from 12noon-1:30pm in Eugene. This group is for families with children experiencing mental, emotional, and/or physical disabilities, or who have special needs. Trained youth activity leaders are on-site to interact and supervise children and a light snack is provided.
- Contact: Please call 541-342-2876 for exact meeting location or to RSVP.
OFSN Family Fun Event at Skateworld hosted by Oregon Family Support Network
- Description: Meets the 4th Friday of each month from 6pm-8pm at Skateworld 3188 Gateway Loop in Springfield. Admission is $1.00 per person, plus the rental cost for regular skates, inline skates are $4.00. If paying admission is a hardship for your children/family please call their office to see if there is any financial assistance.
- Contact: You must RSVP to 541-342-2876 to attend this event.
Albertina Kerr Centers
- Description: Offers children a short-term residential placement and 24 hour access to mental health professionals. Children receive a psychiatric assessment by a psychiatrist, individual and family therapy with a Master level clinician, and a physical health exam.
- Website: Crisis Psychiatric Care(Subacute)
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 503-239-8106 (Eugene: Lane County Office) or 503-239-8101 (Main Contact information)
OHSU Child Development and Rehabilitation Center
- Description: Provides interdisciplinary clinical services for persons with developmental disabilities and other special health care needs at sites in Eugene and Portland. Also offers outreach clinical services covering a variety of special needs in Grants Pass, Klamath Falls, Medford, and Roseburg and community programs in most Oregon counties.
- Phone: 800-452-3563 (Portland) or 800-637-0700 (Eugene)
- Description: A peer-to-peer crisis line for teens. Youth working under adult supervision answer calls on divers topics including substance abuse, depression, self-harm, dating violence and other issues (many of which have substance abuse as an underlying issue).
- Phone: 877-553-8336
PeaceHealth Medical Group
- Description: Outpatient behavioral health services for children, adolescents, adults, and seniors struggling with issues of chemical dependency and/or emotional distress in the Eugene area.
- Location: Eugene/Springfield, OR
- Phone: 541-687-6096
Adaptive Recreation Services in Eugene
- Description: Provides adaptive recreation services at Hilyard Community Center. It is year-round, community-based, social and education programs for Eugene area children, teens and adults with disabilities.
- Website: Adaptive at Hilyard
Oregon Teen Conference
- Description: Current of former foster youth ages 16-20 are welcome to apply for the conference. Runs for 4 days at Lewis and Clark College. Look for the next conference in the Summer of 2015!
- Website: Oregon Teen Conference Event Flyer
Interracial Family Help
Honoring Our New Ethnic Youth (HONEY)
- Description: Interracial, multiracial, and cultural diversity group meets on 2nd and 4th Saturdays during the school year at 601 W. 13th ST. for a potluck followed by arts, crafts, or guest speakers.
- Location: Eugene, OR
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact: Sarah Ross 541-343-4023 or Anya (youth director) at 541-465-9810 for more information