Deschutes, Jefferson and Crook Counties
Orientation and Foundations Training
Updated January 17th, 2017
District 10 has recently re-organized the way it handles inquiries from prospective foster and adoptive parents. All counties: Deschutes, Jefferson, and Crook, should call the Redmond office to find out about Foundations Training. Please call .
- Contact: Cherié Ferguson
- Title: GRACE Coordinator
- Location: Central Oregon, District 10 Department of Human Services, Child Welfare 1135 SW Highland Avenue Redmond, Oregon 97756-2650
- Office: 541-548-9496
- Phone: 541-408-3251
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Oregon DHS
We are currently in the process of updating training & orientation dates. You will need to call Cherié or Michelle Speck at 541-548-9496 to conduct a phone interview. Once a phone interview has been done, you can receive an invitation for the training. You can also find more information on The Oregon DHS Facebook Page.
Note: Other districts typically advise:
- Orientation is required before attending classes 2 through 8 of the Foundations Training.
- If you are a two parent household both parents must attend all Foundations classes, including Orientation.
- DHS is unable to provide child care or allow children and teens to accompany parents in the classroom or to be left alone in the lobby or in the parking lot.
- Relatives and Child Specific providers who were provisionally certified are required to complete Orientation within 30 days of a child being placed in the home.