Individuals wishing to become foster parents are required to complete 24 training hours of pre-service training, called Foundations. Foundations is offered in various in-person classroom sessions. Please contact the training coordinator to find out the dates and times Foundations courses are being offered.
- The importance of birth families
- Child Development and the impact of abuse
- Behavior management
- How to apply effective child rearing practices
- Discipline vs punishment
- Understanding the effects of abuse, neglect and trauma on children
- Valuing the child’s heritage