Professional Portraits Taken Nationwide
Knowing how important a good photo is to recruitment, AFFEC is now offering to take professional photos for child bulletins. We are committed to a fast photography process, and promise to begin coordinating the photo session upon receiving the photo request. We have a large list of Oregon photographers, but have increased our photography volunteers, and now provide services nationally. As soon as we receive the images from the photographer we will email them to the caseworker for their use and then will continue with the recruitment process as the referral form specifies. All that is needed is the completed referral form.
The Heart Gallery exhibits portraits to raise awareness of the needs of waiting children. They wait and hope for their own adoptive family to love and protect them. Professional photographers volunteer to take compelling portraits showcased in the Heart Galleries. These beautifully framed and matted portraits then get displayed along with the children’s biographies in various venues. On average, we receive over 50 inquiries per week about these children. DHS foster/adoption orientation class size, adoption inquiries, and general applicants to DHS have more than doubled since the inception of the Heart Gallery.
“The mission of Heart Gallery of America ® Inc. is to facilitate and utilize the power of photography to capture the individuality and dignity of children living in foster care, in order to advocate for their permanency, raise public awareness about their needs, and obtain support to help meet those needs. An integral part of honoring this mission is to provide assistance and resources to Heart Gallery chapters nationwide to help them achieve parallel goals for the waiting children they represent.”
What information do you need to provide when referring a child to the Heart Gallery?
Indicate any specific locations your child should not be featured. If your child is located in Lane County and is not open to seeing their photos you can request they only be featured outside of Lane County. Provide the contact information in order to coordinate photos of the child.
How to prepare your child for the Heart Gallery
- Does your child understand that you are searching for their forever family?
- Discuss the purpose of the Heart Gallery.
- Show the child examples of other children’s photographs and bios.
- Talk about what the child likes and dislikes about various recruitment methods.
- Are there specific areas your child does not want to see their photos?
- If age appropriate allow your child to give input into what is said in their bio and allow them to choose their favorite photos
- First Name, Age
- What are your favorite subjects in school?
- What activities do you enjoy?
- What is your favorite thing to do?
- What makes you laugh?
- What is your favorite food?
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What are you good at?
- What is something you want to learn?
- What is your dream job?
- What is your favorite type of pizza?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- If you had three wishes, what would they be?