- Child Adoption Laws
Adoption laws for the state of Florida
- Find an Adoption Recruiter
Find an adoption recruiter near you using Explore Adoption’s interactive map.
- Florida Adoption Recruiters
List of Florida Adoption Recruiters and the pre-service trainings they offer, courtesy of Adopt Us Kids
- LGBT Adoption Laws
LGBT adoption laws in Florida.
- Licensed Private Adoption Agencies
Adopt Florida compiled a list of licensed adoption agencies in Florida.
- Steps to adoption
Provides contact information to connect you with a local adoption worker to get started on 30-hour MAPP or PRIDE pre-service training classes.
- Public and Private Agency Search
Public and private foster care adoption agencies in Florida.
- Adoption Information
Adoption Information by state
- Understanding Florida Adoption Laws and Policies
An overview of adoption laws
- Adoption Services
DCF provides an overview of adoption services
- Home Study Requirements (See bottom of page for providers)
Information on the Home study program and requirements
Searching for Children
- Explore Adoption
Photo listing featuring waiting children in Florida.
- Heart Gallery of Brevard County
Heart Gallery featuring waiting children in Brevard County.
- Heart Gallery of Central Florida
Heart Gallery featuring waiting children in Central Florida.
- Heart Gallery of Florida
Waiting children are featured from various Heart Galleries around the state of Florida.
- Heart Gallery of Jacksonville
Heart Gallery featuring waiting children in Jacksonville.
- Heart Gallery of Miami
Heart Gallery featuring waiting children in Miami.
- Heart Gallery of Mid-Florida
Heart Gallery featuring waiting children in mid-Florida.
- Heart Gallery of North Florida
Heart Gallery featuring waiting children in North Florida.
- Heart Gallery of Northwest Florida
Heart Gallery featuring waiting children in Northwest Florida.
- Heart Gallery of Palm Beach County
Heart Gallery featuring waiting children in Palm Beach County.
- Heart Gallery of Pinellas-Pasco
Heart Gallery featuring waiting children in Pinellas-Pasco.
- Heart Gallery of Plk, Highlands and Hardee
Heart Gallery featuring waiting children in Polk, Highlands and Hardee Counties.
- Heart Gallery of Sarasota
Heart Gallery featuring waiting children in Sarasota.
- Heart Gallery of Southwest Florida
Heart Gallery featuring waiting children in Sourthwest Florida.
- Heart Gallery of Tampa Bay
Heart Gallery featuring waiting children in Tampa Bay.
- Heart Gallery of Treasure Coast and Okeechobee
Heart Gallery featuring waiting children in Treasure Coast and Okeechobee.
- WWK Recruiters
Scroll down and click on Florida to view contact information for Wendy’s Wonderful Kids Recruiters families may contact regarding waiting Florida children.
- Heart Gallery Of America
Photo lists of waiting children
Post-Adoption Support & Resources
- Adoption Assistance
Select Florida to view more information on adoption assistance in the state of Florida, courtesy of Child Welfare Information Gateway.
- Adoption Assistance Program
Adopt Florida provides general information on Florida’s adoption assistance program.
- Children’s Medical Services
Florida Health provides information on the Managed Medical Assistance (MMA) component of the Medicaid program.
- College and Vocational School Tuition Waive / Post Adoption Counselors
Florida’s adopted children from foster care are eligible for free tuition at any Florda state unversity, community college, or vocational school. Some private Florida colleges offer free tuition to children adopted from foster care Select a post-adoption counselor for more information.
- Hillsborough Community Resources
Local and state foster care and adoption resources.
Provides a variety of services, including counseling, psychiatric clinics, and wrap-around services.
- McKay Scholarship Program
McKay Scholarship Program is for children K-12 who have disabilities. The scholarships allow the child to attend the public or private school of his/her choice.
- Medicaid Program
General information on Florida’s Medicaid program
- One Hope United
Serves Hardee, Highlands, Hillsborough, Polk, Orange, Osceola and Seminole Counties. Offer foster care, adoption, and mental health services.
- Partnership for Strong Families Post-Adoption Support
Partnership for Strong families provides post-adoption services to families including, but not limited to, in-home crisis intervention services; in-home parenting; specialized counseling; in-home behavior analysis; and psychological, developmental, education or medical evaluations not covered by Medicaid.
- Pasco-Pinellas Community Resources
Local and state foster care and adoption resources.
- Pre-Adoption Suppot Group
One Hope United provides a pre-adoption support group to families who are in the preparing to adopt a child or are in the process of adopting a child from foster care. The support group meets in Orlando every 3rd Thursday of the month.
- Post-Adoption Service Counselors
Adopt Florida provides a list of post-adoption service counselors.
- Space Coast Foster Adoptive Families Alliance
SCFAFA meets once a month in Melbourne, Florida.
- Support Groups
Interactive map showing location of support groups in Florida.
- State Subsidy Information
NACAC provides general information on adoption subsidies in Florida.
- Attachment and Trauma Specialists
A list of local therapists that specialize in working with attachment and trauma related issues.
- Behavioral care treatment centers
A list of local treatment centers for behavioral care
- Adoption Therapists
A list of local therapists that specialize in adoption
- Child Care Resources
A compiled list of child-care resources
- Child Sexual Abuse Treatment Programs
A list of local treatment centers specializing in child abuse treatment
- Counseling Resources
A compiled list of counseling resources
- Kid Counseling
A list of local therapists specializing in treating children
- Kinship Care
Kinship programs and information
- Medical Resources
Health and medical resources
- NPEN National Parenting Education Network
A list of programs by state
- NOFAS FASD Support
State resources and support group information
- Trauma Counseling
A list of local therapists specializing in trauma related issues.
- Online Support Groups
A list of online support group resources
- Post-Adoption Questions and Answers
Frequently asked questions and answers regarding adoption
- Special Health Care Needs
Resources for parents of children with special health care needs.