Are you seeking Professional Experience through a volunteer role?
Rare Opportunity to make a REAL Difference
A Family For Every Child is honored to offer a volunteer or intern role for the right person. If you are interested in digging into social work this might be for you.
This truly is a rare opportunity to have a significant role in changing the face of child recruitment services. Are you hoping to build your web resume? Need to show “real” work and could benefit from a reference from a national nonprofit? We would love to partner with you, and benefit both of us. We are looking to invest in someone that we can assist in their growth, and they will make a commitment to work with us for a year. Does not need to be located at our office, can be done from anywhere.We are very committed to how technology could change the lives of many children living in foster care and engage volunteers outside of our local area. Are you looking too?
- Building your resume by working with a nationally known organization
- Designing and taking a lead on a key role within the organization
- Research, design and implement areas of need
- Help create next steps to broaden the scope of the project after the initial development is complete
We need from you:
- A one year commitment
- 6-10 hours a week
- Passion to help children find their forever family
About the Project:
If you are looking for a role that will get you real hands on matching experience, this is the role for you. We offer hands on training on searching and matching families with waiting children. This is a unique, real career opportunity, and potential growth opportunity within the organization.
We will teach you:
- How to recruit for a family
- How to search for children nationwide
- How to work with your family to boarded and educate them on their preferences
- Teach you about reading a home study
- Work hand-in-hand with you in a role that is very much like an Adoption Worker for the family.
- Help answer questions for these families
- Communicate with other agencies about children
- Communicate with our Matching Assistance Coordinator weekly
- Read the family’s biography and provide suggestions for changes. Read the family’s home study, provide child recruitment updates when requested by the family, and provide assistance and guidance to their families as needed.
- Responsible for checking in with assigned families on a regular basis.
- Help families navigate the various processes for each state/county across the country
Adoption skills/task you will learn:
- Support your family through their adoption journey. Stay in contact with your families regularly, at least twice a month.
- Read the family’s biography and provide suggestions to make it stronger.
- Read the family’s home study and make sure it matches what the family has written in their family profile.
- Be available to help answer questions about the adoption process including promotion, submission, selection, and placement.
- Help the family become their own advocate during the process.
- Help find caseworker’s contact information and when requested, update the family on children they have.
Because this is a very select role, with a large commitment on both parts, we will be interviewing for the right person. Please respond to Christy@afamilyforeverchild.org with your interest and resume.