Are you seeking Professional Experience through a volunteer role?
Rare Opportunity to make a REAL Difference
A Family For Every Child is honored to offer a volunteer or intern role for the right person. If you are interested in digging into social work this might be for you.
This truly is a rare opportunity to have a significant role in changing the face of child recruitment services. Are you hoping to build your web resume? Need to show “real” work, and could benefit from a reference from a national nonprofit? We would love to partner with you and benefit both of us. We are looking to invest in someone who we can assist in their growth, and they will make a commitment to work with us for a year. Does not need to be located at our office, can be done from anywhere. We are committed to how technology could change the lives of many children living in foster care and engage volunteers outside of our local area. Are you looking too?
- Build your resume by working with a nationally known organization
- Designing and taking a lead on a key role within the organization
- Research, design and implement areas of need
- Help create next steps to broaden the scope of the project after the initial development is complete
We need from you:
- A one year commitment.
- 6-10 hours a week.
- Passion to help children find their forever family
About the Project:
- Building and growing an avenue for Military families who are looking to adopt (both through AFFEC and in other areas of the US)
- Adoption friendly companies and how we can partner with them to recruit and work with more adoptive families
- Creating material and expanding knowledge of the ICPC process
- Building partnerships with other states
- State/national partnership program
Create a spread sheet of information on each individual state and their recruitment practices, and our history and future plans with them.
- State or county run
- Our history with them
- Unique policies that present barriers or issues for us
- Recruitment plan with states we are currently working with, next group to move into and what we need to do, etc.
- Survey families and workers on barriers and needs in each state
- Important contact people
- Important policy or legislature that will impact recruitment
- Current photo listings they are using
- Current Heart Galleries
- Social media
- National photo coordination, MAP for pro can search and find a photographer nationwide that will take free images of foster children
Because this is a very select role, with a large commitment on both parts, we will be interviewing for the right person. Please respond to Christy@afamilyforeverchild.org with your interest and resume.