AFFEC is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child.
AFFEC is looking for someone who can help the agency plan its ongoing series of bi-monthly family support meetings.
Under the supervision of the Adoption Agency Director, the volunteer/intern will:
- Compile a list of topics that would provide helpful information to families that have chosen to parent a child from the foster care system.
- Create a yearly calendar with the intent to schedule speakers for each family meeting
- Reach out to local resources/community partners to schedule dates to speak or provide information at the family support meetings
- Cultivate and schedule meeting locations throughout the state.
- To be working towards a degree in Human and Family services or psychology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate with diverse populations
- Computer skills/Data entry
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint programs
- Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
- To feel comfortable doing outreach, communicating with local services.
PERSONALITY BEST SUITED FOR THIS POSITION:
Outgoing, able to engage community partners
Hours per week; 3-4 hours per week
Days of the week; 1-2 days per week
Rotating start dates.
Tasks may or may not be able to be performed from home office.
CONTACT: Volunteer Coordinator email@example.com 541-343-2856