Agency Administrative Support Role will assist the Executive Director with the following responsibilities in overseeing and maintaining effective management systems for the program. Assist Director with:
· Assisting families through all phases of their adoptive journey, from pre-home study support through post-placement supervision.
· Growing the program with monthly goals
· Innovative thinking, engaging families in new ways (social media, email outreach, etc)
· Gathering information for and implementation of the annual budget.
· Act as a liaison with other organizations both public and private, such as the Oregon Department of Human Service, other states and state contracts
· Oversee all administrative tasks associated with the daily operations of the Agency and working collaboratively with other Program Directors.
*Additional Responsibilities include: Assist Director with the below
· Monitoring and eventually supervision of all assigned staff. Currently 17 adoption workers.
· Hire and train new workers as needed.
· Plan and implement assigned duties.
· Work closely with all AFFEC employees to ensure a positive and energized work environment.
· Outreach and tabling, business contacts and creating new ways of engaging families.
· Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field. Experience in the field of foster care and adoption is desired.
· Demonstrated high moral character, including honesty, fairness, and respect for the rights of others, respect and knowledge of local, state, and federal laws.
· Strong analytical ability – read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, financial reports, legal documents, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Exceptional oral, written and communication skills. Efficiently respond to inquiries from staff and members of the community; effectively present information to staff, public groups, and/or board of directors.
· Exceptional customer service
· Driven, big goals and dreams, outside the box thinking, etc
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; exhibit independent judgment in the development, implementation and evaluation of plans, procedures and policies.
· Knowledge of the principles and techniques of child welfare, current adoption and foster care practices
· Ability to plan, direct and coordinate activities; negotiate and administer contracts; work with government agencies, community groups and other organizations as necessary.
· Strong numerical ability, create and present annual budgets.
· Pass a background check
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $17.00 /hour – to start, again, ability for advancement into Adoption Agency Director Role for the right candidate.