AFFEC is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child.
AFFEC is looking for someone who can help research the adoption policies of various states.
Under the supervision of the Adoption Agency Coordinator, the intern will:
- Research adoption policies of states that we can partner with for adoptions
- Create a manual with a breakdown of the policies, contacts for adoption services
- What is required to create a contract or partnership?
- Compile needed items to apply for partnerships/contracts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate with diverse populations
- Computer skills/Data entry
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint programs
- Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to understand verbiage of contracts
EXPERIENCE OR SPECIAL SKILLS DESIRED:
It is not required but knowledge of laws, policies and procedures working with government agencies.
Minimum commitment: 4 hours a week
Days of the week: 2- 5
Tasks may not be able to be performed from home office.
Rotating start dates.
CONTACT: Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org (541) 343-2856