A Family For Every Child is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child.
Under the direction of the Adoption Agency Program Staff, the Adoption Worker Assistant is responsible for assisting the Adoption Worker(s) with their families in all steps of the adoption process, such as meeting with families, admins support and knowledge on policy work, and recruiting children for families. Our Adoption Workers are responsible for assessing, training and providing support to families within their caseload during the entire duration of the adoption process from orientation through finalization, while ensuring compliance with agency policies and procedures, and all federal and state requirements and laws. The Adoption Worker Assistant will have the opportunity to obtain very hands-on social work experience that will help in applying for and finding a job in the Social Work field.
- Compliance with any and all laws and regulations governing child placing and adoption agencies including state, federal, and international laws and regulations as well as the Agency Policy.
- Providing services so as to meet the needs of the client with the highest of professional standards of human services practice and Agency standards as specified, and per designated timelines under the direction and supervision of the Agency. Services will include at least three shadow opportunities with an Adoption Worker and one of their families.
- Family recruitment and follow up.
- Initial family meeting/Orientation.
- Conducting family interviews and retrieving sufficient information needed in preparation for composition of family home study.
- Assisting families through family/child matching process.
- Assisting families through initial placement with child/children, including creation of a transition plan and completion of required legal documents.
- Maintaining contact with family after placement and providing continual support as well as conducting monthly interviews and completing required legal documents necessary for finalization of adoption.
- Updating and renewing family home studies when necessary.
- Submit case notes, daily/weekly, and status reports to Agency for and with an Adoption Worker on behalf of their families, and in person meetings, as required by the Agency and/or State regulations into the database.
- Attend multiple monthly Adoption worker trainings and other opportunities we can provide for training as available.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate with diverse populations.
- Computer skills/data entry.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint programs.
- Well organized, with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Professional and comfortable with communicating via phone and email.
6-9+ hours per week.
3-6 month commitment minimum.
Rotating start dates.
Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or call 541-343-2856.