Calling all Potential Adoption Workers in Oregon and Washington (anywhere in both states)
Our agency is growing fast and we need you!
Have you considered working for yourself? Do you want to be in control of your own schedule? Do you want the support of an established, respected agency behind you? Do you want the opportunity to be a part time stay at home parent? DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
First step to apply on Indeed, we have several posts for Washington and Oregon Once you apply we will send you some follow up questions and get started.
Employment Type: Independent Contractor
Scope of Position
Under the direction of the Executive Director and the Adoption Agency Program Director, the Adoption Worker is responsible for assisting in recruiting families interested in adopting a child or children from foster care, and serving families assigned to them through the agency. The Adoption Worker is responsible for assessing, training and providing support to families within their caseload during the entire duration of the adoption process from orientation through finalization, while ensuring compliance with agency policies and procedures, and all federal and state requirements and laws.
This contract position might be the answer you’ve been looking for. We are offering independent contractors the opportunity to work with our established adoption agency to serve families in your area (statewide) seeking to adopt from foster care. It is an opportunity for you to build your own position and hours worked, be in charge of your own caseload, and still have support.
This is a paid per task position.
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in social work or related field, plus two years’ experience with adoptions, and/or one-year experience working with Child Welfare adoptions, specifically
- Ability to work alone and under pressure, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to use technology tools
Scope of Position
- Assisting in recruiting families interested in adopting from foster care- The Agency will assist in providing tools for you to use for recruitment.
- Serving families assigned to them through the agency- as well as any you recruit.
- Assessing, training and providing support to families within their caseload during the entire duration of the adoption process from orientation through finalization.
- Minimum number of families-6 (very part time), to- fulltime caseload 20-30, we are open to workers that want to travel to cover a larger area, travel is reimbursed through an agreement with each family.
- Recruiting new families
- Initial family meeting/Orientation
- Conducting family interviews and retrieving sufficient information needed in preparation for composition of family home study
- Assisting families through family/child matching process
- Assisting families through initial placement with child/children, including creation of a transition plan and completion of required legal documents
- Maintaining contact with family after placement and providing continual support as well as conducting monthly interviews and completing required legal documents necessary for finalization of adoption
- Other responsibilities:
- Submit case notes, daily/weekly, federal, state and local criminal and child abuse background check.
- Provide proof of education and/or experience commensurate with services to be provided.
- Attend 1 annual training or planning meeting at no charge with the agency (not to exceed 8 hours).
- You must be willing to travel to our office for an initial one day training.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $10,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year, depending on how many families you want to take on