Are you seeking Professional Experience through a volunteer role?
Rare Opportunity to make a REAL Difference
A Family For Every Child is honored to offer a volunteer or intern role for the right person. If you are interested in digging into social work this might be for you.
This truly is a rare opportunity to have a significant role in changing the face of child recruitment services. Are you hoping to build your web resume? Need to show “real” work, and could benefit from a reference from a national nonprofit? We would love to partner with you, and benefit both of us. We are looking to invest in someone that we can assist in their growth, and they will make a commitment to work with us for a year. Does not need to be located at our office, can be done from anywhere. We are very committed to how technology could change the lives of many children living in foster care and engage volunteers outside of our local area. Are you looking too?
- Building your resume by working with a nationally known organization
- Designing and taking a lead on a key role within the organization
- Research, design and implement areas of need
- Help create next steps to broaden the scope of the project after the initial development is complete
We need from you:
- A one year commitment.
- 6-10 hours a week.
- Passion to help children find their forever family
About the Project:
Support and resources for our families, in all programs, is critical to their success. This is a role to develop your nonprofit resource skills. This role will include but not limited to:
- Identifying resources in key areas in Oregon, where families are, then potentially expand to other states
- Develop national resources
- Develop categories of “need” that we can seek out resources for families and put them in our system
- Develop a plan to create a resource (web site, data base) that parents can access
- Build our database with all these resources
- Develop key city descriptions we can use in our home study process
- Explore new and innovative support avenues for families
- Create tools that deliver these supports to families at the appropriate time, as well as pdfs, templates and a manual/web page where families can look up resources
- Resource project, develop resources for Agency and MAP families for different barriers and issues during or after adoption
Because this is a very select role, with a large commitment on both parts,we will be interviewing for the right person. Please respond to Christy@afamilyforeverchild.org with your interest and resume.