A Family For Every Child is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child.
A Family For Every Child is looking for a volunteer who can help with obtaining auction items for an annual fundraising event. Funds procured at this event allow AFFEC to oversee the vital programs that it administers, such as Mentoring, Family Preservation, Family Finding, and Matching Assistance. The Annual Event Intern/Volunteer will be responsible for contacting and communicating with donors, as well as helping to organize and run the auction at the annual event.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, activities of this position may include:
- Soliciting and collecting donations from local vendors and organizations.
- Media and outreach.
- Attending auction committee meetings.
- Organizing and categorizing donations prior to the event.
- Prepping auction materials, including bidder files, bid sheets, and donor files.
- Assisting with setup on the day of the event.
- Working with auction vendors and assisting with other auction-related activities as needed.
- Outgoing and comfortable talking with different groups of people, skilled at sharing interest and enthusiasm with others.
- Excellent telephone communication skills.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent time management skills, with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Works well independently and in a team setting.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with event planning is preferred.
- Rotating start dates.
- At least 6 hours per week.
- 3-6 month commitment minimum.
Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org 541-343-2856.