Are you seeking Professional Experience through a volunteer role?
Rare Opportunity to make a REAL Difference
A Family For Every Child is honored to offer a volunteer or intern role for the right person. If you are interested in digging into social work this might be for you.
This truly is a rare opportunity to have a significant role in changing the face of child recruitment services. Are you hoping to build your web resume? Need to show “real” work and could benefit from a reference from a national nonprofit? We would love to partner with you, and benefit both of us. We are looking to invest in someone who we can assist in their growth, and they will make a commitment to work with us for a year. Does not need to be located at our office, can be done from anywhere. We are very committed to how technology could change the lives of many children living in foster care and engage volunteers outside of our local area. Are you looking too?
- Build your resume by working with a nationally known organization
- Designing and taking a lead on a key role within the organization
- Research, design and implement areas of need
- Help create next steps to broaden the scope of the project after the initial development is complete
We need from you:
- A one year commitment
- 6-10 hours a week
- Passion to help children find their forever family
About the project:
This is a role for someone looking to build their resume with fundraising experience. The goal of this role is to build an overall fundraising 3 year plan for AFFEC, including all current and potential funding sources.
- Explore all options for funding, those we are using but really those we are not
- Child sponsorships
- Services (adoption agency)
- State federal contracts
- Individual and corporate donors
2) Create a 3-year funding Plan, to diversify and explore other options. This plan should identify staff needs, technology, start up investment, and all steps and barriers that may be needed. Also a rough budget to show potential.
3) All area of development
- Gather info on companies that pay their employees to partner with us
- Expand grant info in SF, push over to donor tab and contact tab from org
- Calling for donor outreach/donations/invitations
- Special event (mini event) coordinator
- Senior project oversee Princess event and another for Hero event
- Annual report volunteer
- Create Jefferson Dinners
- Legacy giving
- Child sponsorship program (develop program and put in to place, good senior project)
- Donor cultivation in the Portland area
- Manage guidestar
Because this is a very select role, with a large commitment on both parts, we will be interviewing for the right person. Please respond to Christy@afamilyforeverchild.org with your interest and resume.