A Family For Every Child
A Family For Every Child is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving and permanent families for every waiting foster child
A Family For Every Child is looking for a volunteer/intern who can provide administrative support to the agency’s Volunteer Coordinator.
Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, the volunteer/intern will:
- Provide excellent service to prospective volunteers and community partners, via phone, correspondence, and in person.
- Post and recruit people to volunteer positions on Craigslist, 211, United Way, and University listing websites, among other volunteer recruitment and social media websites.
- Speak and perform outreach in the community for volunteers.
- Update and edit job descriptions, which may or may not include merging or eliminating old job descriptions or creating new job descriptions.
- Assist in training, recruiting, and appreciation of duties and time spent.
- Always look for ways we can use volunteers and the gifts/skills they offer.
- Receive first notice of volunteers–being first contact, documenting and updating in Salesforce, building all files needed, and directing to appropriate program or process.
- Build corporate and business partnerships for volunteers and locate opportunities for employees to serve volunteer hours.
- Connect with all programs and communicate with them about their volunteer needs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate with diverse populations.
- Computer skills/data entry.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint programs.
- Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Phone and email communication skills.
4-9+ hours a week.
3-6+ month minimum commitment.
Rotating start dates.
Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or call 541-343-2856.