AFFEC is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’s mission is to find loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child.
Help build the different areas of our blog to include all our programs. Monitor on a regular basis, work with families to engage them and add their blogs. Incorporate it into our website, social media, and outreach to create awareness of the blog to support other families.
Under supervision of the Executive Director, the volunteer/intern will:
- Evaluate our existing blog, other adoptions support blogs, write up options, and present to the Executive Director.
- Decide on elements to add/ improve our blog
- Create marketing plan and timeline
- Outline plan for completion of web work needed
- Design marketing outreach to families to create and engage families
- Create web, newsletter, targeted emails, PSA, a targeted email for outreach, make sure blog is well represented, and that all social media channels are updated.
- Monitor blog posts on a regular/daily basis
- Execute plan, work through barriers, evaluate, and take next step
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with diverse populations
- Computer skills/ Data entry
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint programs
- Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Blogging experience or professional writing experience.
- Rotating start dates.
- 3-6+ hours per week
- 3 month minimum commitment
- Possibility of an out of the office position for the right individual
CONTACT: Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-343-2856