AGENCY DESCRIPTION: A Family For Every Child is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving and permanent families for every waiting foster child.
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Child and Family Operations Coordinator, candidates will communicate extensively with caseworkers regarding the status and recruitment needs of children. This unpaid internship/volunteer position is ongoing and there are positions with flexible times/duration.
What You Gain: You will receive real world work experience in organizing and scheduling recruitment services, communicating with child welfare professionals, updating information as it is provided to us, tracking services and their results, and more. This is a great opportunity to learn marketable skills as well as do important and valuable work.
INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the supervision of the Child and Family Operations Coordinator the intern will:
- Follow-up with caseworkers of children, usually regarding the status of the child
- Provide information on recruitment services
- Schedule recruitment services
- Implement Services using technology and marketing techniques
- Update database
- Log notes on conversations with caseworkers
- Track services offered
- Communicate accurately and efficiently
EDUCATION NEEDED: Training will be provided
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with diverse populations
- Strong computer/email skills
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Well organized with attention to detail and ability to complete tasks independently
- Ability to make deadlines
- Phone skills a plus
PERSONALITY FOR POSITION: Outgoing, motivated, dedicated, confident, punctual, conscientious
EXPERIENCE OR SPECIAL SKILLS DESIRED: Team player, attention to detail and follow-through
- 3-6-9 month commitment/ continuous
- 3-6-9 hours per week/flexible
Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or 541-343-2856.