A Family For Every Child is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child.
The intern/volunteer in this position will work with the Executive Director to identify funding opportunities including grants, request for proposals (RFPs), Family Foundation, Business/Organization, and other development opportunities.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the intern/volunteer will:
- Research funding resources and identify ones that are a good match for our organization.
- Build a funding calendar.
- Research partnerships with businesses for large in-kind donations.
- Begin outreach, develop relationships, and enter all information in our database.
- Make sure all needed documents related to funding are on the web and up-to-date.
- Develop processes for follow-up and thank-you notes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with diverse populations.
- Computer skills/data entry.
- Experience using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Well organized, with attention to detail and the ability to complete tasks independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Rotating start dates.
- 3+ month commitment minimum.
- 6-9 hours per week minimum.
Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-343-2856.