A Family For Every Child is a nonprofit organization located in the Oregon.
Our mission is to finding loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child.
Great opportunity for an individual seeking to learn about fundraising in a non-profit setting! Learn to cultivate sponsors, acquire items/vendors for our events, create and distribute marketing materials, and social media outreach. This internship provides an excellent opportunity for individuals to gain marketable job skills or students to get professional experience in cultivation while helping us carry out our mission finding a loving forever family for every waiting foster child. This position is not exclusive to just events; we have multiple programs that will provide a well-rounded experience.
Under the supervision of the Program Director, participants may participate in some or all of the following, depending on program and need:
* Soliciting and collecting donations from local vendors and organizations
* Attending applicable committee meetings
* Helping to coordinate volunteers day of the event
* Organizing and categorizing donations/vendors and other information prior to the event
* Prepping materials which might include things like bidder files, bid sheets, and donor files
* Assist with set up day of the event, including decorating/organizing
* Assisting with other event specific related activities as they arise
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
* Is organized, responsible, has great attention to detail
* Is outgoing, comfortable talking with different groups of people and able to share their interest and enthusiasm with others
* Has excellent written and spoken communications skills
* Is comfortable and professional speaking over the phone
* Has excellent time-management skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines
* Is flexible and has a sense of humor
* Works well in a team setting and independently
* Has basic computer skills, such as Word processing and Excel
* Willing to complete different tasks to help our organization fulfill our mission
Position is open, available immediately with a flexible duration/number of hours per week.
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator at: email@example.com or call 541-343-2856