Are you seeking Professional Experience through a volunteer role?
Rare Opportunity to make a REAL Difference
A Family For Every Child is honored to offer a volunteer or intern role for the right person. If you are interested in working with a unique and innovative one of a kind program, digging in to expanding our Family Finding Program, this might be for you. This truly is a rare opportunity to really have a significant role in changing the face of child recruitment services. Help create next steps to broaden the scope of the project after the initial development is complete.
- Building your resume by working with a nationally known organization
- Designing and taking a lead on a key role within the organization
- Research, design and implement areas of need
We need from you:
- A one year commitment
- 6-10 hours a week
- 2-3+ days a week
- Passion to help children find their forever family
About the Project
A Family For Every Child seeks engaged, passionate volunteers within the Permanency programs. Volunteers in the Family Finding program must have a strong dedication to the reconnection of young people in the child welfare system to their former relationship networks. Ideal candidates will have experience in research/data collection, work well in teams, and have a passion for improving outcomes for youth in the child welfare system.
Volunteers will work in partnership with the Permanency Director and the Permanency Coordinator to search for, locate and engage kin and kith of children in the child welfare system. The end goal of reconnection is to instill a sense of permanency within the youth’s life and provide the opportunity for improved life outcomes.
- Sleuthing on social media, ancestry web site, etc. to search for relatives of children living in foster care
- Review all Family Finding National efforts, creation of FF, our history and our documents
- Build a plan to build our program, both locally and nationally
- When needed-provide diligent management of case through reunification
- Maintain relationship with the youth’s caseworker and any other professionals on their team
- Ongoing searches for relatives using online servers
- Contacting and engaging kin/kith connections of the youth
- Build potential partnership to grow our program
- Perform consistent follow up once case comes to a formal close
Because this is a very select role, with a large commitment on both parts, we will be interviewing for the right person. Please respond to Christy@afamilyforeverchild.org with your interest and resume.