AFFEC is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child.
AFFEC is looking for somebody to research scholarships and grants that help make adoption more affordable to potential adoptive parents.
Under the supervision of the Adoption Agency Director, the volunteer/intern will:
- Search for Grants/Scholarships related to adoption
- Break down the process for what is required
- Create a process manual with the steps required for each scholarship/grant
- Possibly create a finance option with a bank to finance adoption
Possibly some knowledge of grants and scholarships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate with diverse populations
- Computer skills/Data entry
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint programs
- Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
Rotating start dates.
6-9 hours per week
3-6 month minimum commitment
Tasks may not be performed from home office for the right individual
CONTACT: Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org 541-343-2856