AFFEC is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child.
AFFEC is looking for somebody to plan a new annual fundraising event. The goal is to raise $10,000 or more and to bring awareness to our organization and mission. Other goals of the event include gaining media attention and drawing people to our website.
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the volunteer/intern will:
- Research other new events in the area.
- Work with the Executive Director to decide on the event.
- Recruit, train, and engage volunteers.
- Plan a timeline for event.
- Work with web team to lay out a webpage for event.
- Build email templates, press releases, PSAs and other marketing tools.
- Carry out the event.
- Make plan for next year’s event if the event will continue.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with diverse populations.
- Computer skills/data entry.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Well organized with the ability to carry out tasks independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Rotating start dates.
- 6-9+ hours per week.
- 3-6 month commitment minimum.
Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org 541-343-2856.