Are you seeking Professional Experience through a volunteer role?
Rare Opportunity to make a REAL Difference
A Family For Every Child is honored to offer a volunteer or intern role for the right person. If you are interested in digging into social work this might be for you.
This truly is a rare opportunity to have a significant role in changing the face of child recruitment services. Are you hoping to build your web resume? Need to show “real” work and could benefit from a reference from a national nonprofit? We would love to partner with you, and benefit both of us. We are looking to invest in someone who we can assist in their growth, and they will make a commitment to work with us for a year. Does not need to be located at our office, can be done from anywhere. We are very committed to how technology could change the lives of many children living in foster care and engage volunteers outside of our local area. Are you looking too?
- Build your resume by working with a nationally known organization
- Designing and taking a lead on a key role within the organization
- Research, design and implement areas of need
- Help create next steps to broaden the scope of the project after the initial development is complete
We need from you:
- A one year commitment
- 6-10 hours a week
- Passion to help children find their forever family
About the project:
Are you looking to get your feet wet in an overall nonprofit role? We pride ourselves on engaging key volunteers in really meaty roles that will give you experience in all aspects of a nonprofit. This is a great resume builder.
- Learn to write a grant
- Learn to do an annual report
- Grant reporting
- Assist with program planning
- Learn what it takes to do an event
- Learn about using volunteers
- Help develop key documents and planning tools for a nonprofit, such as fundraising plans, goals, budgets, marketing plan etc.
- Developing something like a “Young Professionals Program,” associate board, and/or youth board, research other committees for our board
- Gather info on companies that pay their employees to partner with us/volunteer
- Measure the success and outcomes of various AFFEC programs
- Identify areas of growth and ways that each program can scale their impact both locally and nationally
Because this is a very select role, with a large commitment on both parts, we will be interviewing for the right person. Please respond to Christy@afamilyforeverchild.org with your interest and resume.