A Family For Every Child is a non-profit organization that seeks to find permanent, loving homes for children currently in foster care awaiting adoption. We have over 10 different programs serving foster and at-risk youth and families in Oregon and foster youth nationwide.
A volunteer/intern is needed to help our organization with its graphic design needs. This may include, but not be limited to, creating promotional emails, newsletters, fliers for our programs, invitations, RSVP cards, and the auction booklet for our annual gala. The volunteer will work individually and as part of a team in various areas of our organization, preparing rough drafts and presenting ideas to supervisors, then amending final designs in response to comments and gaining full approval.
Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor, the volunteer/intern will:
- Participate in training.
- Communicate results to the Program Supervisor in an organized manner.
- Create fliers and other documents for events, orientations, and donations.
- Create slideshows.
- Edit photos and videos.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Publisher and other Microsoft products.
- Think creatively and develop design concepts, graphics, and layouts.
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability, and originality.
- Ability to interact, communicate, and present ideas effectively.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Rotating start dates.
- 6-9+ hours weekly.
Flexible schedule during normal business hours, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-343-2856