A Family For Every Child is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child.
The Heart Gallery is a traveling “art exhibit” of photographs of local and nationwide children who are currently in foster care and waiting to be adopted. Since A Family For Every Child was founded, more than 500 foster children have been featured in Heart Galleries, and more than 250 have found their forever families. Our Heart Gallery needs someone who can come in approximately six hours per week and help put together our venue photo packets and connect with and process photographers from all over the state and nationwide. We also need someone who can do outreach and connect with photographers–scheduling photo sessions, following-up, and processing images once completed.
Under supervision of the Heart Gallery Program Coordinator, the volunteer/intern will:
- Organize our venue photo packets.
- Coordinate photographers and children.
- Follow-up on photo sessions.
- Process images once they are completed.
- Coordinate our venue photo packets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with diverse populations.
- Computer skills/data entry.
- Well organized, with attention to detail and the ability to complete tasks independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Rotating start dates.
- 6-9+ hours per week.
- 3-6 month commitment minimum.
Volunteer Coordinator email@example.com or 541-343-2856.