Are you seeking Professional Experience through a volunteer role?
Rare Opportunity to make a REAL Difference
A Family For Every Child is honored to offer a volunteer or intern role for the right person. If you are interested in really digging into social work, this might be for you.
This truly is a rare opportunity to have a significant role in changing the face of child recruitment services. Are you hoping to build your resume? Need to show “real” work, and could benefit from a reference from a national nonprofit? We would love to partner with you, and benefit both of us. We are looking to invest in someone who we can assist in their growth, and they will make a commitment to work with us for a year. Does not need to be located at our office, can be done from anywhere. We are very committed to how technology could change the lives of many children living in foster care and engage volunteers outside of our local area. Are you looking too?
- Building your resume by working with a nationally known organization
- Designing and taking a lead on a key role within the organization
- Research, design and implement areas of need
- Help create next steps to broaden the scope of the project after the initial development is complete
We need from you:
- A one year commitment.
- 6-10 hours a week.
- Passion to help children find their forever family
About the Project:
- Create free and low cost options for waiting youth and mentors, create ways to get to our clients connected to resources
- Partner with local communities to set up life skills group meetings/tours/classes for youth, such as, beauty school, mechanics, banks, etc.
- Help coordinate the Life Skills Program
- Keep the youth and foster parents up to date on where, when and what classes will be offered each month.
- Research and collect resources that the state and federal government offers to kids in care, such as college, housing, etc.
- Explore ways to connect with youth aging out
- Be a vehicle to spread information on those programs and services available for services of older foster youth and after care. For example, the schools don’t have a lot of this information
- Create a plan to share this information, it will include, but no limited to:
- Our public web site, as well as potentially log on site with more info, if some can’t be shared publicly.
- Update our web pages, data base and materials we give.
- Partner outreach plan
- Calendar of a year of classes we could offer and potential or secured partners
Because this is a very select role, with a large commitment on both parts, we will be interviewing for the right person. Please respond to Christy@afamilyforeverchild.org with your interest and resume.