Are you seeking Professional Experience through a volunteer role?
Rare Opportunity to make a REAL Difference
A Family For Every Child is honored to offer a volunteer or intern role for the right person. If you are interested in digging into social work this might be for you.
This truly is a rare opportunity to have a significant role in changing the face of child recruitment services. Are you hoping to build your web resume? Need to show “real” work, and could benefit from a reference from a national nonprofit? wWe would love to partner with you, and benefit both of us. We are looking to invest in someone who we can assist in their growth, and they will make a commitment to work with us for a year. Does not need to be located at our office, can be done from anywhere. We are very committed to how technology could change the lives of many children living in foster care and engage volunteers outside of our local area. Are you looking too?
- Building your resume by working with a nationally known organization
- Designing and taking a lead on a key role within the organization
- Research, design and implement areas of need
- Help create next steps to broaden the scope of the project after the initial development is complete
We need from you:
- A one year commitment
- 6-10 hours a week
- Passion to help children find their forever family
About the Project
We have run a very small FAS program for 4 years and we struggle with how to scale it, with little staff time as possible. The program teaches volunteers how to be a search specialist for families in the matching phase, it is very successful. However, we need to create a way to scale it and make it work having a part time staff member manage it.
- As a Family Adoption Specialist our volunteers represent A Family For Every Child while working with families through the adoption process.
- Explore what we have done with our FAS program
- Create a plan and budget to support its growth
- A plan to engage families, workers and volunteers
- Work on creating training modules and a plan to work with remote volunteers
- Recruitment plan to recruit past adoptive parents to support new parents in process
- Streamlining the process to recruit, train, and oversee FAS’s. Develop a plan for the recruitment of new volunteers for the FAS role, both in and out of the office
- Working with MAP Additional services by checking in with families weekly, assisting them with the matching phase, following up with Social workers, and ensuring that their process is at an appropriate pace (all training provided).
Because this is a very select role, with a large commitment on both parts, we will be interviewing for the right person. Please respond to Christy@afamilyforeverchild.org with your interest and resume.