A Family For Every Child is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child.
A Family For Every Child’s Recruitment Team (including this internship or volunteer position) utilize easy and accessible technology to help find children loving homes. We specialize in the hardest and most urgent placements, and will successfully match children with their forever families. Our recruitment efforts include public and private web listing, online matching events, targeted e-mails and individualized targeted outreach, professional photos and videos of the children, national publicity, and marketing for children nationwide.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is interested in expanding their firsthand experience in media/marketing. Our Online Matching Events and Online Family Matching Events utilize user-friendly and accessible technology to better match children with their forever families. Social workers present children from their caseload to an audience of potential adoptive families via an online webinar program. AFFEC’s Matching Event program is an innovative approach to helping children in foster care find adoptive families. This program is the first of its kind nationwide, and the Media Marketing (Online Matching Events) intern/volunteer will have the opportunity to help take the program to the next level.
What You Gain: You will receive real world work experience in organizing and scheduling recruitment services, communicating with child welfare professionals, updating information as it is provided to us, tracking services and their results, and more. This is a great opportunity to learn marketable skills as well as do important and valuable work.
INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the supervision of the Child and Family Operations Coordinator the intern will:
- Follow-up with caseworkers of children, usually regarding the status of the child
- Provide information on recruitment services
- Schedule recruitment services
- Update database
- Log notes on conversations with caseworkers
- Track services offered
Communicate accurately and efficiently
- Experience with Microsoft Powerpoint.
- Experience working in many avenues of media or journalism.
- Willing to do outreach, work with a team, and take ownership of projects.
- Willing to learn and work hard to develop new skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding and responsive to the needs of the clients we serve.
PERSONALITY FOR POSITION: Outgoing, motivated, dedicated, confident, punctual, conscientious
EXPERIENCE OR SPECIAL SKILLS DESIRED: Team player, attention to detail and follow-through
- 2-3-6-9 month commitment/ continuous
- 3-6-9 hours per week/flexible
- Rotating start dates.
Volunteer Coordinator email@example.com or 541-343-2856.