AFFEC is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) child welfare organization. Our mission is to find loving, permanent families for all waiting foster children. Based in Eugene, Oregon, A Family For Every Child works nationally to ensure foster care is only a temporary solution for any child, as all children have the right to grow up in a loving, supportive, permanent home.
A Family For Every Child seeks engaged, passionate volunteers within the Permanency programs. Volunteers in the Mentor program must have a strong dedication to the connection of at-risk young people to caring and dedicated adults. Ideal candidates will have experience in program administration, work well in teams, and have a passion for improving outcomes for at-risk youth.
Volunteers will work in partnership with the Permanency Director to maintain program quality and develop new projects within the program (i.e.- improved wellness surveys, advance check-in systems, etc.). It will be the responsibility of the volunteers/interns to work directly with the Permanency Director to perform administrative work, search for and acquire new sources of donation/funding, and assist in any needs of matches within the program.
- Use designated outreach tools to contact mentors and wider community regarding upcoming events or program news.
- Cultivate relationships throughout the community with donors.
- Facilitate resources required by mentor/mentee pairs.
- Assist Permanency Director in grant reporting.
- Maintenance of client files.
- Assist Permanency Director in administration work.
- Complete a background check as required by the State.
- Complete in-office program orientation.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate with diverse populations.
- Well organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Rotating start dates.
- 6-9+ hours per week minimum.
Volunteer Coordinator email@example.com or 541-343-2856.
A Family For Every Child is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, native, bilingual, alter-abled, and LGBT people are encouraged to apply.