A Family For Every Child is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child.
A Family For Every Child’s Online Family Matching Events utilize user-friendly and accessible technology to better match children with their forever families. The volunteer/intern in this position will work with supervision to plan online child matching events and online family matching events. This includes sending registration emails and home study requests, making PowerPoint presentations, and setting up and distributing login information. Duties will also include posting matching event work, such as submitting home studies and evaluating the factors of successful and unsuccessful outcomes.
Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, the volunteer/intern will:
- Research effective new tools that will market matching events, thus making them more successful.
- Create aesthetically pleasing PowerPoint documents and provide new ideas on how to improve the presentation of the matching events.
- Make sure every attendee has a legitimate and up-to-date home study and that AFFEC also has copies.
- Distribute login information to those who are able to attend.
- Overcome barriers of how to get children referred and caseworkers on board.
- Work with web team to create webpage.
- Build email templates, press releases, PSAs and other marketing tools.
- Help carry out event.
- Evaluate event, thank partners, and enter all data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with diverse populations.
- Computer skills/ data entry.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint programs.
- 3-6-9 month commitment, depending on size and number of events.
- Rotating start dates.
Volunteer Coordinator email@example.com or 541-343-2856