A Family For Every Child is a non-profit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving and permanent families for every waiting foster child.
Princess for a Day is an annual event put on by A Family For Every Child to help raise awareness for the foster care system. During this event, foster children (and others) are given the opportunity to dress up and be royalty for a day. The intern/volunteer in the Princess Event Developer position will be responsible for researching, developing and implementing a presentation (Prezi, videos, spreadsheets, and other electronic documents) detailing the process of establishing, promoting, and implementing the Princess for a Day Event. This will include utilizing current and established materials and procedures to update.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the intern/volunteer will:
- Research past princess events and write up changes needed, goals for this event, funding, and attendee’s partners
- Research past princess marketing plans and formulate recommendations for change
- From previous events, compile a list of amount of volunteers, in-kind donations, attendees and marketing tools
- Interview past volunteers and attendees to create goals
- Use this information to assist in formulation of marketing plans, donations, sponsorships and volunteer goals
- Recruit, train, and engage the public and participants, volunteers, donors, etc.
- Plan a timeline for tasks to be completed
- Plan marketing calendar, social media plan, and advertising campaign
- Work with the events team and web teams to implement web page and other promotional items
- Build email templates, press releases, PSAs, and other marketing tools
- Work with Princess and Event Teams to implement recommendations to carry out event
- Make plan for the next year
Skills that are best suited for this position will include some or all of the following:
- Experience with event planning
- Comfortable communicating with diverse populations, skilled at sharing interest and enthusiasm with others
- Experience with Advertising and Marketing
- Experience with Social Media
- Knowledge of business and budgeting.
- Computer and internet skills, especially working with social media
- Rotating start dates.
- 6-9+ hours per week.
- 3-6 month commitment minimum.
Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or 541-343-2856.