A Family For Every Child is a non-profit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving and permanent families for every waiting foster child.
Princess for a Day is an annual event put on by A Family For Every Child to help raise awareness for the foster care system. During this event, foster children (and others) are given the opportunity to dress up and be royalty for a day. You will work with the Event Coordinator either in our offices or the day of the event in a number of key areas. This event is only successful because of all of you!
Positions include both In-Office Preparation and Day-Of positions.
In-Office Preparation Positions:
- Plan a timeline for tasks to be completed
- Community Outreach and Engagement
- Cultivating Donations
- Cultivating Volunteers
- Donation Processing and Inventory
- Plan marketing calendar, social media plan, and advertising campaign
- Build email templates, press releases, PSAs, and other marketing tools
- Data Entry
- Social Media
Day-Of Event Positions:
- Food Preparation
- Event Set-Up
- Hair, Make-Up, Nails Room
- Dress Room
- Accessories Room
- Tea Party/Ballroom
- Take Down
Skills that are best suited for this position will include some or all of the following:
- Strong Oral and Written Communication
- Strong computer and internet skills
- Comfortable communicating with diverse populations, skilled at sharing interest and enthusiasm with others
- Experience with Advertising and Marketing
- Experience with Social Media
- Rotating start dates.
- 6-9+ hours per week.
Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-343-2856.