A Family For Every Child is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child.
A Family For Every Child is looking for a volunteer/intern to represent our agency as our receptionist, answer phones and perform a variety of front desk administrative tasks.
Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor, the intern/volunteer will:
- Greet visitors in a professional manner.
- Assist families by providing information about adoption and foster care.
- Process and route incoming emails.
- Answer emails as determined.
- Send, receive, and route faxes.
- Process donations, checks, contacts, and other documents and record into database.
- Pick up mail daily, process, and distribute.
- Word processing of letters, documents, reports and spreadsheets as needed.
- Create templates, flyers, and other communication tools.
- Understand the concerns of our families as well as the roles our programs play by reading handouts etc. and learning about our agency and what we do.
- Assist with other general administrative tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate and interact with diverse populations.
- Strong phone skills and ability to listen, empathize, and provide applicable information.
- Computer skills/data entry.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint programs.
- Ability to handle interruptions and prioritize tasks.
- Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out work independently.
- Rotating start dates.
- 6-9+ hours per week.
- 3-6 month commitment minimum.
Volunteer Coordinator email@example.com 541-343-2856.