A Family For Every Child is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child.
A Family For Every Child is looking for a volunteer/intern who can research ways the organization can become a sibling specialty agency, partnering with other agencies and creating cost comparisons.
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the volunteer/intern will:
- Compare costs for adoption of single child vs. sibling group.
- Research if there is a benefit for a family to adopt a sibling group.
- Contact other agencies who often work with siblings.
- Explore tax credits for those adopting sibling groups.
- Create a manual relating to working with sibling groups.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate with diverse populations.
- Computer skills/data entry.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint programs.
- Well organized, with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
6-9+ hours per week.
3-6 month commitment minimum.
Rotating start dates.
Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org (541)343-2856.