A Family For Every Child is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child.
A specialist is needed who is well versed in social media for organizations to use social media as a tool to grow our organization. This individual will search the internet for relevant content for our Facebook page and Twitter. The volunteer/intern will also research and implement other social media tools for the purpose of outreach for our organization.
Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor, the volunteer/intern will:
- Participate in training.
- Work independently at home on a home computer with an internet connection on assigned projects.
- Communicate results to the Program Supervisor in an organized manner.
- Create and maintain a volunteer blog.
- Educate other important volunteers and contacts with updated, relevant content.
- Generate content related to a variety of programs for the organization’s various social media sites, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Background in Marketing, Communication, Nonprofit Management or other related discipline.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong social media presence (candidates must have experience with twitter and Facebook and experience managing a feed with over 100 followers)
- Proficient in Social Media outlets, Constant Contact (or similar), Google Documents and Microsoft Office.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative and flexible.
- Outgoing and personable.
- Rotating start dates.
- 6-9+ hours per week.
- 3-6 month commitment minimum.
Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-343-2856