A Family For Every Child is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving and permanent families for every waiting foster child.
The volunteer/intern in this position will be responsible for finding local events to attend and promote the Sponsorship Program.
Under the supervision of the Sponsorship Program Director, the volunteer/intern will:
- Identify local events where the Sponsorship Program can be promoted.
- Make contact with proper personnel to have a table at event.
- Set up, supervise, and clean up the booth.
- Attend at least one event per month.
- Be able to speak to each and every program.
- Be familiar with the literature related to the program.
- Be passionate about the program’s mission.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate with diverse populations.
- Research expertise.
- Knowledge about organization and programs.
- Event experience desirable.
- Be Salesforce trained or trainable.
- Well organized, with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Rotating start dates.
- 6-9+ hours a week.
- 3-9+ month minimum.
- Schedule will include a few days a week in and out of the office doing research and scheduling events, as well as attending the actual event.
Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org 541-343-2856