A Family For Every Child is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child.
A Family For Every Child is looking for a volunteer/intern capable of overseeing the management and training of our Submissions Department, which consists of three teams/programs: Home Study submissions, Inquiries, and Child Listing.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the volunteer/intern will:
- Complete all trainings required for the team members and understand all aspects of the process.
- Oversight of emails and correspondence to families, caseworkers, and adoption workers.
- Understand how to respond in various situations with sensitivity and knowledge recognizing the goal of creating partnerships and offering excellent customer service.
- Ability to review details with team as necessary, answer questions, and provide guidance on a daily basis.
- Ability to evaluate results and problem solve efficiently.
- Evaluate, test, and implement additional customization.
- Develop and update ongoing process – edit and create training How To’s (i.e., Power Point, Manual, Webinar).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate with diverse populations.
- Computer skills/data entry.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work as a team.
- Experience in managing others well.
6-9+ hours per week.
3-6 month commitment minimum.
Rotating start dates.
Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or 541-343-2856.