Are you seeking Professional Experience through a volunteer role?
Rare Opportunity to make a REAL Difference
A Family For Every Child is honored to offer a volunteer or intern role for the right person. If you are interested in digging into social work this might be for you.
This truly is a rare opportunity to have a significant role in changing the face of child recruitment services. Are you hoping to build your resume? Need to show “real” work, and could benefit from a reference from a national nonprofit? We would love to partner with you, and benefit both of us. We are looking to invest in someone that we can assist in their growth, and they will make a commitment to work with us for a year. Does not need to be located at our office, can be done from anywhere. We are very committed to how technology could change the lives of many children living in foster care and engage volunteers outside of our local area. Are you looking too?
- Build your resume by working with a nationally known organization
- Designing and taking a lead on a key role within the organization
- Research, design and implement areas of need
- Help create next steps to broaden the scope of the project after the initial development is complete
We need from you:
- A one year commitment
- 6-10 hours a week
- Passion to help children find their forever family
About the project:
- Explore new avenues to engage volunteers
- Online colleges
- Distant volunteers
- Create a plan to grow and diversify our volunteers
- Streamline our volunteer forms, templates, process
- Explore technology that can assist us in recruiting, training, and onboarding volunteers, such as webinars, training sites, etc.
- Gather info on companies that pay their employees to partner with us/volunteer
- University Search
- Identify universities that have a ‘Masters Level’ MSW program and find out what their internship requirements are
- Include contact information for universities
- Developing something like a “Young Professionals Program” for internships
- Create a plan to identify, maximize corporate volunteer programs
- Create a plan for multiple volunteer recruitment, including multiple groups, colleges, distant, retired, long term, etc.
- Study other volunteer efforts and include in the plan how we can improve and expand ours
- Create a funnel program for volunteers to employment
Because this is a very select role, with a large commitment on both parts, we will be interviewing for the right person. Please respond to Christy@afamilyforeverchild.org with your interest and resume.