A Family For Every Child is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) child welfare organization. Our mission is to find loving permanent families for all waiting foster children. Based in Eugene, Oregon, A Family For Every Child works nationally to ensure foster care is only a temporary solution for any child, as all children have the right to grow up in a loving, supportive, permanent home.
A Family For Every Child seeks engaged, passionate volunteers to work within the Permanency programs. Volunteers in the Waiting Youth Outing program will work in partnership with the Permanency Director and the Permanency Coordinator to plan, coordinate and attend outings for the youth on our wait list for a mentor.
- Complete a background check as required by the State.
- Complete in-office program orientation.
- Ability to work well with youth.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate with diverse populations.
- Well organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Experience in child care or donation collection.
- Passion for improving outcomes for youth in the child welfare system.
- Cultivate relationships with resources in the community where the outing will be located.
- Outreach to families to let them know about the outing and coordinate pick-up/drop-off.
- Collect donations that serve as extras for youth- food for lunches, etc.
- Plan out events for months in advance.
- If applicable, attend the outings.
- Rotating start dates.
- 6-9+ hours per week minimum.
- 2-3+ days a week.
Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-343-2856.
A Family For Every Child is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, native, bilingual, alter-abled, and LGBT people are encouraged to apply.