- Adoption Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs on foster care adoption.
- Adoption Practice Guidelines
Utah’s adoption guidebook.
- Child Adoption Laws
Adoption laws for state of Utah.
- Child and Family Services Locations
Locate a DCFS office in your county.
- LGBT Adoption Laws
LGBT adoption laws in Utah.
- Pre-Service Training Information
An overview of Utah’s pre-service training classes.
- Private Adoption Agencies
Contact information for privare adoption agencies in Utah.
- Public and Private Agency Search
Public and private foster care adoption agencies in Utah.
- Adoption Information
Adoption Information by state
- Understanding Utah’s Adoption Laws and Policies
An overview of adoption laws
- Adoption through foster care in Utah
information about adoption through foster care
- Adoption/foster care Guidelines for Utah
Guidelines to adoption
- Home Study Requirements (See bottom of page for providers)
Information on the Home study program and requirements
- Steps to Adopt
Steps to adopt
Searching for Children
- Adoption Connection
Search for waiting children in Utah.
- Utah Heart Gallery
Heart Gallery featuring waiting children in Utah.
- Utah Wednesday’s Child
Learn more about the featured Wednesday’s Child.
- WWK Recruiters
Scroll down and click on Utah to view contact information for Wendy’s Wonderful Kids Recruiters families may contact regarding waiting Utah children.
- Heart Gallery Of America
Photo lists of waiting children
- ICPC Information
Provides general information about ICPC process in Utah, including contact information for state ICPC offices.
- Utah ICPC
Information and forms for Utah ICPC process.
Post-Adoption Support & Resources
- Adoption Assistance
Select Utah to view more information on adoption assistance in state of Utah, courtesy of Child Welfare Information Gateways.
- Adoptive Family Resources
Resources include respite care, support groups, training, adoption law, adoption subsidy, and various adoption issues.
- DCFS Partner Service Providers
Service providers include therapists, attorneys, residential treatment, support centers, crisis centers, and more.
- Lending Library
Information on Utah’s lending library, where foster and adoptive parents can check out books on adoption issues.
- State and Federal Adoption Assistance
Provides an overview of state and federal adoption assistance programs.
- State Subsidy Information
NACAC provides general information on adoption subsidies in Utah.
- Subsidy Consideration Guidelines
DCFS’ guidelines to help families determine Utah adoption subsidy rates.
- Adoption Services
- Attachment and Trauma Specialists
A list of local therapists specializing in working with attachment and trauma related issues.
- Behavioral Care
A list of local treatment centers
- Adoption Therapists
A list of local therapists that specialize in adoption
- Child Care Resources
A compiled list of child-care resources
- Child Sexual Abuse Treatment Programs
A list of local treatment centers
- Counseling Resources
A compiled list of counseling resources
- Kid Counseling
A list of local child therapists
- Kinship Care
Kinship care services
- Medical Resources
Utah Health and Medical resources
- Free Medical Resources
A list of free medical clinics
- NPEN National Parenting Education Network
A list of programs by state
- NOFAS FASD State FASD Support in Utah
State resources and support group information
- FASD – Utah Fetal Alcohol Coalition
Fetal Alcohol Coalition
- Trauma Counseling
A list of local Therapists trained in trauma-related issues
- Nurturing Parent Programs in Utah
Nurturing Parent Programs
- Online Support Groups
A list of online support group resources
- Post-Adoption Questions and Answers
FAQ’s regarding adoption
- Special Health Care Needs
Resources for parents of children with special health care needs.