Join our matching assistance program. This program is free to any home
study approved families and has many perks to assisting you through the
adoption journey! We would like all families that we feature in our Family
Matching Events to be part of our matching assistance program. This is
suggested but not limited to. All families must be home study approved.
Contact the Recruitment Coordinator for openings
in future events and to reserve your spot.
Send 3-8 pictures of your family. This could include any children,
family members, activities that you like to do, or anything important to
your family. The more pictures that we have of your family the better!
Our family matching events are structured question answer style with
the opportunity to share additional information. The questions you
will be asked are as follows:
- Tell me about you and your spouse, such as where you're from and what you do for a living.
Please elaborate on each of your professions.
- What are your children like? If you do not have any children, please elaborate on various close relationships you've had with children (i.e. nieces,nephews, god children, etc)
- Please share some of your favorite family activities.
- Do you have any trainings, certificates, or additional experience that you think is pertinent to adopting form foster care? Please share.
- Tell us what your strengths as an adoptive parent would be?
- What type of children would best fit with your family?
- Can you share a personal anecdote or story about your family?
- Do you have any family traditions that are special to you and your family?
- What is your favorite thing about your family?
- Anything else you'd like to share about you and your family?
Due to the limited time that the social workers have, if answers are too long it is possible that
we won't be able to get through all questions.
Schedule a practice event in order to test audio and ensure that the
event goes smoothly the day of.
On the day and time of the event simply log on from your office
computer or home computer and be prepared to discuss the questions
listed above. All log on instructions and information will be sent
to you a few days prior to the event. *During the event social workers
can type as many questions as they would like to better gain if their
children would be a good fit for your family.
After the matching event is finished social workers can then request
to look over your home study and will be in contact with you if they
feel that you would be a good fit for a child on their caseload!