A Family For Every Child Adoption Agency Family Orientation
A Family For Every Child Adoption Agency holds orientations for families interested in starting the home study process at various locations throughout Oregon on a monthly basis.
If you would like to attend to learn about how we can help you with your home study,
please contact email@example.com to RSVP, obtain the parent packet. and get directions to the meeting location.
The next scheduled Orientations are:
- On request
- Please call 541-343-2856 to make a reservation and get directions to the orientation meeting location!
Training For Adoption in the Pacific Northwest
Training, which will prepare you for parenting children who may have been abused or neglected, is required in both Oregon and Washington. Although each state differs in content and hours, both require orientation and pre-service training prior to adoption. The training is an overview of the issues involved in foster care and adoption. It prepares prospective parents to better understand a child who comes out of the foster care system.
Oregon DHS Orientations and Training by District
FREE ADOPTION FOUNDATIONS TRAINING FOR OREGON RESIDENTS
Christian Family Adoptions has scheduled 3-day (weekend-long) trainings on two future 2017 weekends:
- (Friday) July 21, (Saturday) July 22, and (Sunday) July 23, 2017.
Limited to families living in the following counties: Jefferson, Deschutes and Crook.
- (Friday) September 22, (Saturday) September 23, (Sunday) September 24
Vancouver, Washington office, in Portland Metropolitan Area. All Oregon Families welcome.
This class is a three-day series and is offered to help prospective parents become
better prepared to adopt or foster children with special needs.
The training fulfills an Oregon DHS requirement for adopting or fostering
children in State care. (This Class meets the minimum Requirements for Oregon "Foundations Training").
The class is open to all families pursuing foster care or
adoption of children from foster care who reside in Oregon.
Space is limited, reservations required. To
sign up please call 503-232-1211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Topics Covered Include
- Foster Care vs. Adoption
- Separation and Loss
- Adopting the Sexually Abused Child
- Adoption, Foster Care and Effects on the Family
- Child Development
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and Fetal Alcohol Effects
- Positive Behavior Management
- Cultural Diversity and Honoring a Child's Heritage
- Understanding the Adoption and Foster Care Process