General Foster Care / Adoption Information:
- Adoption Frequently Asked Questions
Adoption FAQ'S at Oregon.gov
- Adoption Success Coach
Are you considering adopting a baby, a young child, an older child, or a teen? Could you use an adoption expert's guidance to get started?
- Adoption of Waiting Children Photolisting Directory
Directory of State and International Adoption Photolistings of children who wait for adoption
- CHASK Adoption Resources
Christian Homes And Special Kids; Adoption Laws, Reading Material, Funding and other Resources
- Collaborative Coaching Program
Creating positive connections for young people and their families Throughout the Greater Seattle and Portland metropolitan areas through an integrated approach
- FREE e-Book for New Adoptive Parents
Excellent Free E-Book for In-Process, New and Experienced Adoptive Parents
- How To Adopt
This information provides an overview of the steps involved in adopting a child from the United States foster care system
- Listening to Parents
Listening to Parents works to eliminate the barriers that prevent children in need of families from being adopted by the families that want to adopt them.
- National Foster Care & Adoption Directory Search
A directory of adoption and foster care resources by State.
- Private Domestic Adoption Facts
Overview of domestic Adoption facts
- Strengthening Families And Communities
DHS 2011 Resource Guide
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
"Administration for Children and Families"
- U.S. DHHS
The Hispanic Child Support Resource Center "Nuestros Hijos, nuestra responsabilidad"
Working With Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Families in Adoption
- The Adoption Toolbox
- PARENTS are the POWER-TOOLS in an Adoption
Toolbox, and with a little knowledge, awareness and application, we
can make a huge difference within our families and in the lives of our
Adoption Funding Resources:
- Financing your adoption
See our Financial Aid Page
Blogs, Parenting Information & Webinars:
- Adoption Learning Partners
Online Training and Webinars on Adoption and Parenting
- Adoption Groups
"Connect with other adoptive families to share experiences and ask questions"
- Adoption Mosaic
"The Adoption Mosaic mission is to connect, honor and serve the adoption community through innovative education, practices and support services"
- Bullying and Children in the Child Welfare System
Excellent Resource from "National Resource Center for Permanency and Family Connections"
- Foster Care & Adoptive Community
Online Training Program related to working with at risk children
- Foster Parent College
Training for Adoptive, Kinship and Foster Parents "Sponsored by Casey family programs"
- FosterParentCollege "Newsletters"
News letter archives of Foster Parent College "Connections"
- HCFPA "Hillsborough County Family Partnership Alliance"
"The Hillsborough County Family Partnership Alliance consists of foster, adoptive, relative-caregiver and non-relative families"
- Nancy Thomas Parent Resources
Attachment.org Parent Resources; "There is no higher calling in life than raising the children God has entrusted in your care"
- National Child Abuse Prevention Month
"Child Welfare Information Gateway" From The U.S.Department of Health & Human Services
- National Resource Center for Permanency and Family Connections
The National Resource Center for Permanency and Family Connections: "Teleconferences and Webinar Schedules"
- NRCFCPPP "Weekly Update Archives"
Weekly Newsletter Archives of the "The National Resource Center for Permanency and Family Connections"
- ParentBest: Discussion forums and information portal for parents
Articles and Information on Good Parenting Practices
- Searching for your birth parents in the United States
Making the decision to search for your birth parents in the United States can be an emotional experience for everyone involved and many things should be considered before getting the process started. According to law the court records are kept confidential but the law also makes it possible for the search process to begin.
- Social Learning
SocialLearning.com Online Training for "Teen Life Skills" and "Parenting Skills"
Online Life Skills Training for Foster and Adopted Kids
- Youth Communication (www.youthcomm.org)
- True Stories By Teens
- Trauma training
- Social and emotional skills information
-Ideas for Educators Supporting Social/Emotional Language Skills
Helpful Parenting Articles
- Adoptive Families Magazine
Adoptive Families, the award-winning national adoption magazine, is the leading adoption information source for families before, during, and after adoption.
- Dealing With Questions
How Some Parents Deal with Kids "Questions"
- Baby Steps to Becoming a Transracial Family
An Interesting Perspective on Multi-Cultural Adoptive Family Blending
- Fostering Perspectives
"A publication dedicated to making foster care and adoption in North Carolina the best they can be". ( The articles in this publication are good resources for any state or parent group)
- Rise Magazine
"Stories by and for Parents Affected by the Child Welfare System"
- Where Is He from? Does He Speak Spanish?
Surprising Questions People Ask Multicultural Adoptive Families
- North American Council on Adoptable Children
NACAC promotes and supports permanent families for children and youth in the U.S. and Canada who have been in care – especially those in foster care and those with special needs.
- American Academy of Adoption Attorneys
members throughout the U.S. and Canada who are experienced in the complexities of adoption law as well as interstate and international regulations surrounding adoption.
Adoption for Military and US Citizens Living Abroad
Adoption Resources By State: